Got a handful of leftover tortilla chips that you’re not sure what to do with? Turn them into a mouthwatering plate of nachos! This quick and easy recipe elevates your ordinary chips into a cheesy, flavorful snack or appetizer that’s perfect for sharing with friends and family. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any extra ingredients you have in the fridge.
Tortilla Chips NachosCourse: SnacksCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
2 cups leftover tortilla chips
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup cooked ground beef or black beans (for a vegetarian option)
1/4 cup diced tomatoes
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/4 cup sliced black olives
1/4 cup sliced jalapeños (adjust to your preferred level of spiciness)
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup guacamole
1/4 cup salsa
Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Arrange the leftover tortilla chips on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese evenly over the chips.
- Add the cooked ground beef or black beans on top of the cheese.
- Scatter the diced tomatoes, red onion, black olives, and sliced jalapeños over the chips.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the nachos from the oven and let them cool slightly.
- Drizzle sour cream, guacamole, and salsa over the nachos.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves if desired.
- Customize your nachos with your favorite toppings. Avocado, diced bell peppers, or shredded lettuce can be excellent additions.
- If you want to add a smoky flavor, consider sprinkling a bit of smoked paprika or chipotle powder on top of the cheese before baking. It will add depth to the dish.
Also Checkout: Bacon and Egg Mac n Cheese Recipe